HÄUSER AWARD 2011: 15,000 euros for the best single-family houses
Simply the best – that’s our motto for the HÄUSER AWARD 2011: because this is the tenth time we’ve announced an architectural award, we’ve decided to mark the anniversary by opening up our competition to all types of private houses without any restrictions whatsoever.We want to examine the entire spectrum of current developments, which is why we are quite simply looking for the very best individual single-family houses of outstanding architectural quality. The prizes will be awarded to exemplary, intelligent and forward-looking concepts that show what huge scope for design this straightforward building assignment continues to offer – and demonstrate that it is still possible to come up with superb solutions that set new standards.
They must be the originators of the projects submitted. The houses must have been completed after January 1st 2007 and not have been previously published in a general-interest magazine. In addition, the award winners must agree that the winning houses will not be published in any other general-interest magazine prior to the announcement and publication of the competition results (scheduled to appear in HÄUSER 2/2011).
Each participant may submit a maximum of two projects under the condition that the participants and owners/clients agree to the publication of photos and plans in HÄUSER and on the HÄUSER website.
1st prize: 7,000 euros
2nd prize: 5,000 euros
3rd prize: 3,000 euros
The jury may choose to allocate the prize money differently.
The VPB will pay the owner/client of each award-winning house an additional bonus of 1,000 euros.
Elke Delugan-Meissl, architect, Vienna
Thomas Kaczmarek, Chief Executive of the InformationsZentrum Beton
Thomas Penningh, Board Chairman of VPB
Michael Frielinghaus, President of the BDA (Association of German Architects)
Wolfgang Nagel, editor-in-chief of HÄUSER
• Project plans: location plan on a scale of 1:1000 plus ground plans, sections and views on a scale of 1:100, maximum format A3 (as loose sheets, folded; no brochures, boards etc.).
• Photos: at least eight colour prints/colour copies (no slides, no digital picture files) in a format of approx. 18 x 24 centimetres, giving a general impression of the exterior of the house – including its urban context – as well as the interior.
• A completed project sheet (see form download below) with the most important building data, key energy figures, date of completion, an exterior photograph of the house as well as a summary of the design concept in bullet points (in German or English).
• An explanatory text in German or English with a detailed project description (1 page A4 maximum), explaining the special features of the design.
• The completed entry form as well as the signed participant's declaration.
• A self-addressed envelope, for entries from within Germany please also ensure the envelope is stamped.
Editorial office HÄUSER
(Envelope to be marked “HÄUSER AWARD 2011”)
Telephone + 49 (0) 40 / 3703 – 2258